Resources for white people to educate themselves on anti-racism.
Dedicated to all the young women in my life.
Eighty days is a peculiar length of time because it isn’t super quick like a week or a month. It isn’t particularly long because it is not a year or … Continue reading A List of Realizations
A list of 35 “lessons” from a twenty-something.
When did the standard for a successful night include going to bed regularly at 10:30 pm? Because that’s where I’m at. I’ve learned that the metric for my place … Continue reading My Twenties are Trash: A List
- Shrinking myself — I will forever be taking up too much space
- My Silence
- False Authenticity
- Keeping myself at a distance to protect me
- Normalizing my abusers
- Normalizing my abuse
- Being Cool
- Being anything other than my grittiest self
- Settling for half-hearted affection
- Believing I am less-than
- Trying to win others over
- Convincing myself I am ok living a life without a nucleus
- Wearing the shame society purchased for me
- Buying into shaming
- Buying into perfection
- Sacrificing myself at the altar of my own ego
- Anyone else but me